Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lead Teacher in Student Support Services

          September of 2011 found me in a new role.. that of Lead Teacher for our Student Support Services.  I guess this is really a Department Head position even though no such position actually exists. I returned to MDJH after a long relaxing summer, ready to embrace the role laid before me.
          In preparation for our first SSS meeting, I wanted to ensure that all of our department's staff was 'on the same page', especially considering there were a number of new members added to our team. I therefore, gathered a number of documents (some of these can be accessed from the links at the top of this blog) and compiled them into a binder for each team member.  I guess this was my first true endeavor as Lead Teacher.  
          Part of my role as Lead Teacher is also that of mentoring our team's new members. Showing our new staff around the school and introducing them to our staff was a pleasure as I am quite proud of our school, our staff, and of course, our students.
              The Student Support Services Department at MDJH has quite a daunting responsibility, one I relish with pride! The Department of Education clearly outlines these responsibilities.  Click the link below:

Department of Education: Student Support Services

No comments:

Post a Comment